Community Foundation Nonprofit Training - Resiliency in Fundraising
September 12, 2022 @ 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Resiliency in Fundraising
Date: Monday, September 12, 2022
Time: 11:30am – 12:30pm
Audience: Executive directors, development staff, board members, or others involved with fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
Session Facilitator: Cherian Koshy, Chief Development Officer, Principal at Endowment Partners, LLC
Preparing your donors for an end-of-year ask generates more gifts and gifts of larger amounts. Some nonprofits simply send out an ask in December and are disheartened when it falls flat. It can seem discouraging to see results falter, but it doesn't have to be this way. There are specific strategies that all nonprofits should use immediately after this workshop to engage their existing and prospective donors before a December request. We'll discuss how to:
- Implement stewardship and gratitude strategies that remind donors of their generosity
- Develop impact reporting on the continuing work the donor is supporting
- Communicate non-ask demonstrations of the cause-related needs in the upcoming year
- Introduce stories of transformation that the donor has made possible
- Facilitate donor conversations during times of inflation and recession that focus on shared outcomes
The workshop will provide you with the practical tools to engage donors now so that they'll be more likely to give to your organization at year-end. Join us on September 12th at 11:30am to unpack the research and specific strategies that will amplify your impact.
If you have any questions, please email Barb Hobson at firstname.lastname@example.org.