Field of Interest Funds
Your charitable giving interests have been shaped by your experiences and passions. The Community Foundation is here to help you invest in these interests through field of interest funds. Whether you have a heart for supporting education, the environment or arts and culture; our team of local giving experts will ensure your charitable dollars will be utilized in meaningful ways to support your giving interests today and tomorrow.
In honor of their parents' experiences as first generation Americans, Cheryl and Greg Long created a field of interest fund at the Community Foundation to benefit causes and organizations that support immigrant families and individuals.
Benefits of a Field of Interest Fund
You determine the area your field of interest fund will support. The Community Foundation’s expert staff will annually distribute grants from your fund to the areas you have determined.
Our team of charitable giving experts is here to assist you in establishing your field of interest fund to meet your financial and giving goals. We will work alongside you and your professional advisors to consider tax-wise giving opportunities to support your charitable giving fund in the ways that best suite you. The Community Foundation accepts a variety of gifts including appreciated securities, real estate, business interests, personal tangible property, retirement plans, life insurance, agricultural assets and more to make sure that you are maximizing your giving in tax-wise ways.
After you determine the areas you would like to support through your field of interest fund, you can be assured the Community Foundation will wisely invest, manage and grant your charitable dollars. Our staff continually monitors changing community needs to ensure grants make the most impact in your field of interest and create your own personal legacy of giving.
Consider a Field of Interest Fund if You:
- Are seeking to simplify your giving
- Want to make charitable investments for generations to come where they are most needed within your area of interest.
- Are committed to giving locally to make a difference in the community you love.
- A field of interest fund can be established in any amount and with a variety of asset types.
- The ability to combine funds into professionally managed portfolios allows greater diversification of investments and access to investment vehicles that would not be possible for individual funds.
- The Community Foundation is about more than transactions; we are about transformation. While fees collected for funds held at the Community Foundation support the processing of grant checks, accepting and acknowledging donations, completing annual audits and reporting; our fees also make you part of the change we enable in the communities we serve. It's the community convenings, the strategic grantmaking, the donor-connections, the facilitated dialogues, the nonprofit trainings and the promotion of charitable giving that ultimately transforms the communities we call home. Thank you for joining us to improve quality of life in your community. We're simply better together.
- Click here to view the Community Foundation's administrative fee structure for field of interest funds.