For Impact Leaders
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is excited to announce a new peer learning cohort for nonprofit staff leaders beginning in January 2023.
The experiences and learning opportunities provided throughout the nine months of the program will enhance your contributions to your organization and your ongoing leadership of our local nonprofit sector. For Impact Leaders seeks to develop a community of leaders and colleagues who collaborate, celebrate, and support one another as we collectively seek to continue to develop a vibrant, healthy and innovative for impact sector. Your leadership and skill-set is critical in the future success of making our community better together.
Designed for a Leader Who:
- Is a current full-time employee in the nonprofit sector within the Greater Des Moines area.
- Has three or more years professional experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Holds a current or future area of influence in their organization.
- Is committed in their own professional leadership journey.
- Has the bandwidth for and interest in expanding their skill-set in purpose-driven leadership.
- Values the importance of developing a strong network of colleagues.
- Has the support of their immediate supervisor and Executive Director/CEO or Board Chair to fully participate in the experience.
For Impact Leaders is Designed as:
- A competency building experience focusing on the development of engaged and knowledgeable nonprofit leaders within the Greater Des Moines community.
- An individualized learning experience with an emphasis on personal development that can be translated to leading purpose-driven work and assist in generating a healthy and sustainable nonprofit organization.
- A cohort of nonprofit professionals who have the opportunity to develop collaborative relationships and learn from colleagues across the sector.
Participants will Gain:
- Confidence in personal leadership abilities.
- Awareness of competencies as a purpose-driven leader.
- Strategies for tactical organizational leadership.
- Deeper relationships with fellow nonprofit leaders.
Watch the below information session to learn more about the 9-month program and how you can apply to be a part of the experience. Notes from the presentation can be viewed here.
Completed applications with all supplementary materials are due by Friday, September 23, 2022 at noon. Invitations to participate will be extended by Friday, October 14. View an example of the application here.
The cost to participate in For Impact Leaders is $2,000 per participant, but thanks to a generous donation and the belief that investing in nonprofit leadership sector leadership development is a priority, participants are only responsible for paying $250 for the full experience
. This includes all materials, books, resources, team building experiences, mentoring, meals and program facilitators. Scholarships are available for individuals who have financial barriers to participation. Please complete the scholarship section within the Letter of Application to be considered for a scholarship.