You are your client’s trusted advisor. You’ve helped them build their business, provide for their family and grow their assets. They rely on you for advice. They want you to offer options and suggest solutions, including times when charitable giving might be right. You have your client’s best interests at heart. So do we.
"Being a Charitable Investment Partner has helped deepen client relationships by understanding what is most important to them and implementing strategies efficiently. The Community Foundation has been a huge value add for our clients.”
- Trent Burley, CFP®, RICP®, Director of Planning
McGill June Wealth Management
A Team Approach
The Community Foundation works with professional advisors to help you enhance your relationships with clients by offering local, personalized charitable giving services. Whether serving as a local charitable giving resource or maximizing tax savings, our team works as part of your team to offer giving opportunities to meet clients’ financial and charitable goals. By connecting with the Community Foundation, you are providing clients with the resources to make meaningful impact in tax-wise ways.
We Are Different
Our focus is to help people give. We offer straightforward, flexible solutions when charitable conversations happen in your clients’ lives or when taxable moments arise.
We Are Proven
Our charitable fund holders and their professional advisors know we have the tools to grow charitable giving on a large scale, maximizing impact in the community.
"Collaborating with the Community Foundation allows Iowa State Bank to manage and grow our customers' charitable assets, while the Community Foundation provides valuable resources customized to implement their charitable goals. ”
- Reenie Shanaberger, J.D., Vice President and Trust Officer
Iowa State Bank
We Are Flexible
Whether your clients are looking to lighten their tax burden, invest in a cause, shift financial resources during retirement or create a legacy of giving, we are here to make it simple and tailored to your clients’ needs.
We Are Local
We are driven by our belief that we are truly better together. We are committed to investing in and leading to meet the needs and opportunities of our community. As charitable fund holders consider ways to give, our team is here to serve them in learning more about local needs within their areas of interest.
We Are Customized
We enable your clients to invest their Community Foundation charitable fund with their preferred financial advisor through our Charitable Investment Partners program or through one of our pooled investment fund portfolios.
"The personal and local connection, professional support, and investment and administrative expertise promote the seamless implementation of the client’s charitable goals."
- Jim Langeness, J.D., Attorney
Duncan Green, P.C.
Benefits of Working With Us:
- We work with you to offer opportunities to meet your clients’ giving goals in tax-wise ways, including the opportunity to take advantage of the Endow Iowa Tax Credit, a 25% state tax credit.
- Our team of charitable giving experts is here to help facilitate a variety of gift types to provide opportunities for your clients to give back with assets they currently hold. We accept a variety of gifts including appreciated securities, real estate, business interests, personal tangible property, retirement plans, life insurance and agricultural assets.
- Through our Charitable Investment Partners program, you can continue to invest your clients’ charitable dollars while they simplify their giving through a Community Foundation charitable giving fund.
- As your clients are considering how to make an impact, we offer solutions for giving today or for leaving a legacy of generosity after their lifetimes. We can even work with you to lead family discussions around giving goals, connecting with causes or developing strategic giving plans.
- For clients considering opening a private foundation, we provide a solution that may better fit their needs.
- Our expert knowledge of the local nonprofit sector provides a unique opportunity to connect your clients with emerging needs and promising opportunities that match their giving goals.