Committee Advised Funds
At the Community Foundation we believe we are better together. Committee advised funds share the same giving philosophy. Established by groups, organizations or businesses who want to come together to make grants to causes they care about, committee advised funds are making an impact through collective giving.
Benefits of a Committee Advised Fund
Your committee advised fund can include the name of your company, organization or remain anonymous.
Grants from your fund can be made now and into the future to continue your collective spirit of giving.
Contributions can be made to the fund at any time with a variety of tax-wise gifts including appreciated securities, real estate, business interests, personal tangible property, retirement plans, life insurance and agricultural assets.
Your donors can maximize their giving thanks to tax-wise giving opportunities through the Community Foundation, including the Endow Iowa Tax Credit, a 25% state tax credit.
Consider a Committee Advised Fund if You:
- Have a business that wants to support charitable causes.
- Would like an alternative to a private foundation.
- Are part of a group of like-minded individuals who want to collectively support charitable causes.
- A committee advised fund can be established in any amount and with a variety of asset types.
- The ability to combine funds into professionally managed portfolios allows greater diversification of investments and access to investment vehicles that would not be possible for individual funds.
- The Community Foundation is about more than transactions; we are about transformation. While fees collected for funds held at the Community Foundation support the processing of grant checks, accepting and acknowledging donations, completing annual audits and reporting; our fees also make you part of the change we enable in the communities we serve. It's the community convenings, the strategic grantmaking, the donor-connections, the facilitated dialogues, the nonprofit trainings and the promotion of charitable giving that ultimately transforms the communities we call home. Thank you for joining us to improve quality of life in your community. We're simply better together.
- Click here to view the Community Foundation's administrative fee structure