You have organizations and communities that you have invested in for years. Whether giving your time or talent, you are invested in their continued success. A designated fund provides you with an opportunity ensure future support to a specific nonprofit organization.
“By establishing an endowment at the Wright County Community Foundation in honor of our parents, their church will continue to receive their support even though they are gone. It is like my mother is sitting in the church pew, putting a check in the weekly offering plate.”
- Karen Weld
Benefits of a Designated Fund
You can establish a fund to ensure that the causes you care about will continue to receive your support of their missions today and for years to come. Designated funds also provide an excellent opportunity to honor the memory of a loved one as they can be established in their name to support an organization that was dear to their heart.
Establishing a designated fund provides annual, sustainable support to the charity of your choice. You can be assured that your fund will continue to invest in the success of the organization you care so much about after your lifetime.
Our team of charitable giving experts is here to assist you in establishing your designated fund to meet your financial and giving goals. We will work alongside you and your professional advisors to consider tax-wise giving opportunities to support your designated charitable giving fund in the ways that best suit you. The Community Foundation can accept a variety of gifts including appreciated securities, real estate, business interests, personal tangible property, retirement plans, life insurance and agricultural assets.
The Community Foundation handles the administrative details of your designated fund to maximize your support. Whether professionally managing the investment of your fund or facilitating your annual gift to the organization you would like to support through your designated fund – you can be assured that we are here to serve you and carry out your wishes.
Consider a Designated Fund if You:
- If you want to support a cause you care about in the name of you or your family - forever.
- Seek to create a legacy of support for your favorite causes.
- Want to avoid the administrative hassles of charitable giving – from keeping receipts for tax records to simply sending a check regularly.
- Want to support specific organizations regularly and in perpetuity.
- Appreciate the efficiency of regular distributions sent by the Community Foundation to your designated charities.
- A designated fund can be established in any amount and with a variety of asset types.
- The ability to combine funds into professionally managed portfolios allows greater diversification of investments and access to investment vehicles that would not be possible for individual funds.
- The Community Foundation is about more than transactions; we are about transformation. While fees collected for funds held at the Community Foundation support the processing of grant checks, accepting and acknowledging donations, completing annual audits and reporting; our fees also make you part of the change we enable in the communities we serve. It's the community convenings, the strategic grantmaking, the donor-connections, the facilitated dialogues, the nonprofit trainings and the promotion of charitable giving that ultimately transforms the communities we call home. Thank you for joining us to improve quality of life in your community. We're simply better together.
- Click here to view the Community Foundation's administrative fee structure for designated funds.