Charitable Investment Partners
Recognizing the importance of relationships established between donors and their trusted professional advisors, the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines created Charitable Investment Partners. This program allows donors to establish funds at the Community Foundation while their assets are managed by their preferred professional advisors.
Donors in the program gain access to all services the Community Foundation offers including maximum tax benefits, Endow Iowa Tax Credits, expert philanthropic guidance and flexible giving options. Plus, the Community Foundation accepts a variety of gifts including cash, appreciated stock, real estate and other assets.
How it works
- Working with your professional advisor, you establish a fund at the Community Foundation in your name, the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- If your gift is to an Endow Iowa qualified fund, you are eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.
- You recommend grants from the fund, working with our professional staff to support the causes and organizations you care about most.
- We handle all of the details and issue grants to charities in the name of your fund.
- You will receive a statement quarterly from the Community Foundation that details your fund activity, and you can access information about your fund online at any time through Manage My Fund.
- Your preferred professional advisor will provide investment performance information.
The Community Foundation continually develops new relationships with financial institutions, professional advisors and donors interested in this program. Click here for a list of current Charitable Investment Partners.
Working together, the Community Foundation and your preferred professional advisor will help you meet your charitable giving goals and meaningfully give back to your local community.