Better Together Fund - Be Part of Something Bigger
The Better Together Fund provides an opportunity for all who love Greater Des Moines to invest in our community's most important issues, initiatives and needs for generations to come. Think of it as the savings account for the future needs of our community. The flexible dollars it provides enable the Community Foundation to respond, through grantmaking, to emerging needs as they arise- and invest significant funding in initiatives and opportunities that strengthen Des Moines.
We can't predict the future. But today, through the Better Together Fund, we can play a role in positioning our community for continued success. We are simply better together.
For more information on giving to the Better Together Fund or Endow Iowa Better Together Fund contact Sheila Kinman, chief advancement officer, at email@example.com or 515-447-4207.
Establishing a fund to benefit the Better Together Fund is
- Personal: Your fund can be named to recognize and show the legacy of your family.
- Enduring: Because it is a permanent endowment, it ensures that the community will have resources in perpetuity.
- Flexible: The fund will be used to address emerging community needs.
- Efficient: You can make tax-deductible gifts to your fund at anytime. The Community Foundation tracks your donations and will provide you with quarterly statements and acknowledgements for tax purposes. You can access information about your fund online through Manage My Fund.
Who should establish a fund to benefit the Better Together Fund?
This type of fund is ideal for individuals, families and groups who:
- Want their charitable contribution to be used strategically. In the past five years, alone, more than $3.6 million in Better Together Fund grants have created transformational change in the community. Click here to review recent projects supported by grants made from the Better Together Fund.
- See the value in allowing the Community Foundation to manage their assets to ensure growth and the availability of more grant dollars for community needs now and in the future. It enables donors to be part of something bigger for generations to come!
- A fund can be established in any amount.
- The ability to combine funds into professionally managed portfolios allows greater diversification of investments and access to investment vehicles that would not be possible for individual funds.
The Community Foundation is about more than transactions; we are about transformation. While fees collected for funds held at the Community Foundation support the processing of grant checks, accepting and acknowledging donations, completing annual audits and reporting; our fees also make you part of the change we enable in the communities we serve. It's the community convenings, the strategic grantmaking, the donor-connections, the facilitated dialogues, the nonprofit trainings and the promotion of charitable giving that ultimately transforms the communities we call home. Thank you for joining us to improve quality of life in your community. We're simply better together.
Click here to view the Community Foundation's administrative fee schedule.
How to get started
- Make a gift directly to the Better Together Fund, or
- Discuss establishing a fund that directly benefits the Better Together Fund with our staff.
- We will customize a fund agreement for you.
- Make an initial contribution.
- Donors who establish or give to Endow Iowa qualified funds are eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.