Charitable Investment Partners Program
Helping your clients establish a charitable fund through the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is now easier than ever. Through the Community Foundation's Charitable Investment Partners program, clients can establish funds at the Community Foundation while you continue to manage their assets.
Donors in the program gain access to all services the Community Foundation offers including maximum tax benefits, Endow Iowa Tax Credits, expert philanthropic guidance and flexible giving options. Plus, the Community Foundation accepts a variety of gifts including cash, appreciated stock, real estate and other assets.
How it Works
- We establish an investment account with you, and you provide investment
services. The assets in the donor's fund remain under your management. Together we will create a portfolio to invest charitable resources wisely. Investment fees will be dependent on the portfolio selected.
- If your clients establish Endow Iowa qualified funds, they are eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.
- Your clients establish a fund at the Community Foundation and receive maximum tax benefits.
- Your clients recommend grants from the fund, working with our professional staff to support the causes and organizations they care about most.
- The Community Foundation issues grant checks to charities your clients select.
- Your clients will receive a statement quarterly from the Community Foundation that details fund activity, and clients can access information about their funds online at any time through Manage My Fund.
- Investment performance information is provided to clients through your organization.
Current Charitable Investment Partners
- The 801 Group at Morgan Stanley
- Ameriprise, David Barzen
- Ameriprise, Deniz Franke, Franke Miller Group
- AO Wealth Advisory
- Bank Midwest Wealth Management
- Bankers Trust
- Bearence Management Group
- Bradford Financial Center
- Bral Niedert Private Wealth Advisors
- Calibrate Wealth
- Clark Capital
- D.M. Kelly & Company
- Disciplined Equities
- Edward Jones, Doug Haverkamp
- Edward Jones, Brian Olson
- Edward Jones, Mike Overton
- Edward Jones, DeAnn Thompson
- Edward Jones, Rachel Lewey
- Edward Jones, Bruce Wirin
- First American Bank
- First Point Wealth Management
- Forrest Financial Services
- Foster Group
- Generations Wealth Management
- Gilbert & Cook
- The Swanson Group at Morgan Stanley, Graystone Consulting
- Great Western Bank
- Hensen Webb Group at RBC Wealth Management
- Iowa State Bank
- Iowa Wealth Management
- Iron Horse Wealth Management
- Kane Company, P.C.
- The Keely and Frost Group at Morgan Stanley
- Legacy Bridge
- McGill Junge Financial
- Merrill Lynch
- Miles Capital
- Morgan Stanley, Spencer Cox
- Morgan Stanley, Bryan Boesen
- Morgan Stanley, Shane Hefty
- Northwestern Mutual
- Northwest Wealth Management, an affiliate of Northwest Bank
- One Wealth Management, Mike Tracy
- Sherpa Investment Management, a division of Syverson Strege and Company
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Dan Divine
- Thrivent Financial, Tom Bicknese
- Thompson Financial Services, Inc.
- UBS - Hartlieb & Chleborad
- UBS - Nelson Wealth Management Group
- United Bank & Trust (Marshalltown)
- Valiant Wealth
- Vision Financial Group
- Vision Point Advisors
- Wealth Enhancement Group
- Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Advisors, Mike Moen Managing Director, Investments
- West Bank