Charitable Investment Partners Program
Helping your clients establish a charitable fund through the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is now easier than ever. Through the Community Foundation's Charitable Investment Partners program, clients can establish funds at the Community Foundation while you continue to manage their assets.
Donors in the program gain access to all services the Community Foundation offers including maximum tax benefits, Endow Iowa Tax Credits, expert philanthropic guidance and flexible giving options. Plus, the Community Foundation accepts a variety of gifts including cash, appreciated stock, real estate and other assets.
How it Works
- We establish an investment account with you, and you provide investment
services. The assets in the donor's fund remain under your management. Together we will create a portfolio to invest charitable resources wisely. Investment fees will be dependent on the portfolio selected.
- If your clients establish Endow Iowa qualified funds, they are eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.
- Your clients establish a fund at the Community Foundation and receive maximum tax benefits.
- Your clients recommend grants from the fund, working with our professional staff to support the causes and organizations they care about most.
- The Community Foundation issues grant checks to charities your clients select.
- Your clients will receive a statement quarterly from the Community Foundation that details fund activity, and clients can access information about their funds online at any time through Manage My Fund.
- Investment performance information is provided to clients through your organization.
Current Charitable Investment Partners
- Kane Company, P.C.
- The Keely and Frost Group at Morgan Stanley
- Kaldenberg & Assoc. at Merrill Lynch
- Miles Capital
- Bryan Boesen Morgan Stanley, Financial Advisor
- McGill Junge Financial
- Northwestern Mutual
- Northwest Wealth Management, an affiliate of Northwest Bank
- One Wealth Management, Mike Tracy
- Sherpa Investment Management, a division of Syverson Strege and Company
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Dan Divine
- Thompson Financial Services, Inc.
- UBS Financial Services - Hinson, Hartlieb & Chleborad
- United Bank & Trust (Marshalltown)
- Valiant Wealth
- Vision Point Advisors
- Wealth Enhancement Group
- Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Advisors, Mike Moen Managing Director, Investments
- West Bank