Get a Jump Start on Your Organization's 2017 Resolutions
Jan. 5, 2017
Get a Jump Start on Your Organization’s 2017 Resolutions
By Ryan Crane, CAP®, Director of Advancement
Your nonprofit organization has big goals for 2017. Whether you plan on developing new programs to serve those in need or increasing capacity to reach more with your mission, you will make an impact on improving the quality of life in our communities.
As you set off on this work, the Community Foundation is here to help. Add these five strategies to your list of New Year’s resolutions to help make your 2017 goals a reality.
- Attend Community Foundation trainings. Last year over 700 community members - just like you - attended one of our nonprofit staff and board trainings. It is our privilege to offer opportunities for you, your team and your board to grow and learn so you can best reach your goals. Be sure to sign-up for our monthly Nonprofit Link e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on our latest training opportunities, as well as other important information in the local nonprofit sector.
- Take advantage of LeadershipLink. Are you looking for board and committee members to help lead your organization? Utilize LeadershipLink. This free, online resource provides an opportunity to share opportunities in your organization with those in our community looking to serve. You simply create a description of the leadership positions you are seeking to fill and interested individuals can contact you to express their interest and qualifications for the role.
- Build a strong team. You know what a valuable asset your staff team is. As you seek to fill open positions, post your job openings on our nonprofit job opportunities page. Fill out a simple form to tell us more about the available opportunity and we look forward to posting the position on this popular resource.
- Ensure sustainable support for your work. We know that your work is important and we want to ensure the support you provide in our communities continues for generations to come. By encouraging your donors to give to your endowment at the Community Foundation they are making a gift today, but growing support for tomorrow. Additionally, if you have an Endow Iowa qualified endowment at the Community Foundation, donors may be able to give more support for less thanks to a 25% state tax credit. Be sure to talk to us soon about how to best take advantage of this opportunity as tax credits available through Endow Iowa go quickly each year.
- Let us know if you are in the midst of a capital campaign. Our office often gets questions from members of the community regarding current capital campaigns. Be sure we can share your most recent information by creating or updating your organization’s record in our Capital Campaign Database. Capital Campaigns are a big undertaking, let us assist with this one piece of the puzzle.
At the Community Foundation our team is looking forward to 2017 and the many opportunities to partner with you to make our communities better together. Thanks for all you do to improve the quality of life for those you serve and cheers to a great year ahead!