Community Foundation Seeks a Marketing Coordinator
Jul. 6, 2021
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Marketing Coordinator amplifies the work and impact of the Community Foundation through varied marketing mediums as the organization seeks to move from awareness to understanding. Responsible for executing and tracking various communication’s projects across channels, this role ensures content is leveraged to its fullest potential to maximize storytelling opportunities. Additionally, the Marketing Coordinator works closely with all departments to coordinate outreach and communications for a variety of Community Foundation events and initiatives. The Marketing Coordinator leans forward to learn new skills and subjects.
Collaboration | Communication Proficiency | Attention to Detail | Hustle Factor | Creative/Innovative Thinking
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate the Community Foundation’s message and mission to further establish the Community Foundation as a leader in charitable giving. Strong writing and storytelling skills are essential.
- Manage existing and future digital properties and social profiles to maximize effectiveness and align content across platforms.
- Work alongside Director of Marketing & Public Relations to develop strategy, best practices and guidelines for digital and social media channels to increase brand awareness, generate customer engagement, and inspire audiences to join in responding to community trends and opportunities.
- Implement and analyze paid social media campaigns to ensure target audiences are reached with appropriate messages that lead to engagement with the Community Foundation.
- Work across departments to monitor the Community Foundation’s website and collaborate with the marketing team for website updates.
- Complete regular analytics of the Community Foundation’s digital properties and social profiles to create informed and customer-driven content.
Assist the Affiliate Team in executing marketing campaigns for and providing marketing support to the affiliate network.
Special Events and Sponsorships
- Work across departments to provide communication development and support for events.
- Work alongside marketing team to coordinate and promote signature events including, but not limited to, the Community Foundation’s Celebration Luncheon.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills; good project management skills; ability to manage a project budget; creative with a good eye for effective visual communications; ability to work well as part of a team; consistent ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism. Excellent writing, editing and social media planning required with an interest in marketing analytics. Experience in email marketing software, web content management systems and video software is preferred. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work both independently and in a team environment. Interest in continual learning related to trends and best practices.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, salary requirements and three references to Barb Hobson. We encourage anyone considering the position to apply. The Community Foundation is committed to pay equity and provides a comprehensive compensation package which includes annual salary and benefits benchmarking. Salary range will be shared with candidates prior to the interview process, or upon inquiry. Initial applications will be accepted until the appropriate candidate is identified.