Holiday Hours and Year-End Giving Reminders
Dec. 18, 2018
It is our privilege to assist you with your charitable giving. To ensure your year-end giving goes smoothly, review these dates and giving options to provide your ongoing support of the causes you care about.
- The Community Foundation can accept a variety of assets to support your charitable giving fund. Learn more.
- Are you interested in giving back as a means to lighten your tax load, but aren't sure of the causes you want to support right now? No problem. Contact us to learn how you can support your charitable giving fund today and grow your charitable assets and then give to causes you care about down the road.
- Consider how you can include the Community Foundation in your will to support the causes you care about. Learn more.
To CONTRIBUTE to your charitable fund:
- Cash: Mail your check to the Community Foundation at 1915 Grand Avenue by December 31 or make your online donation on Manage My Fund by midnight on December 31.
- Stock: Complete the transfer of securities electronically so we can receive them by December 31. Be sure to give your broker seven to 10 days to complete the stock transfer in advance of year-end.
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Donors 70 1/2 and older can transfer up to $100,000 annually from IRA accounts to public charities without being subject to federal income taxes on the distribution. Gifts may also qualify for the Endow Iowa Tax Credit, a 25% state tax credit. Start the planning now to take advantage of this opportunity by December 31.
- Real Estate: Deliver the executed deed by December 31 in most states. Contact our team today to begin the planning process to take advantage of this opportunity.
To recommend GRANTS to your favorite causes:
- Grants from your Community Foundation fund must be made by Wednesday, December 26 at noon for organizations to receive your generous support in 2018. Contact our team to learn more.
December 24 & 25: Office Closed
December 31: Office Closing at 3 p.m.