Imagine having the ability to support the causes you care about most forever.
You can start building the foundation for your charitable giving through a fund opportunity at the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines. Seed funds allow you to start a fund and gradually build upon it. Your seed fund will grow into a charitable fund that will let you support the charities or causes you choose and will forever have an impact on the quality of life in your community.
How it works
- Make an initial contribution of $1,000 and pledge a minimum annual contribution of $600 to build the seed fund to $10,000 over an approximate ten-year period.
- Once the fund has matured and $10,000 is accumulated, you can start distributing to the causes and charities you care about most.
- No fees are charged while the fund grows, and you can access fund statements and monitor growth. Click here to view the Community Foundation's administrative fee structure.
- Gifts are tax deductible.
- Donors who establish or give to Endow Iowa qualified funds are eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.