The Community Foundation Celebrates a Successful 2015
Feb. 11, 2016
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines celebrated a successful 2015 with over $50 million in contributions made to funds held at the organization last year. This tremendous success ensures charitable support of the community and state for generations to come.
Over $50 million in charitable gifts were made by donors to Community Foundation funds in 2015.
Collectively, over $26 million in grants were made in 2015 from charitable funds held at the Community Foundation and the Community Foundation’s Better Together Fund.
- The Community Foundation’s net assets under administration grew to over $398 million as of December 31, 2015.
- 184 new charitable funds were established with the Community Foundation for a total of 1,517 funds under administration.
- The Community Foundation invested $450,000 in initiatives and opportunities strengthening Greater Des Moines through three Leadership Grants supported by the Community Foundation’s Better Together Fund. Initiatives supported in 2015 include:
- Anawim Housing: Legacy Project
- Broadlawns Medical Center Foundation: Mental Health Starts with Me Capital Campaign
- United Way of Central Iowa: Central Iowa’s Bridges to Success program
“Thanks to the generosity of our community, we are fulfilling our mission to promote charitable giving, connect donors with causes they care about and provide leadership on important community issues,” says Kristi Knous, Community Foundation president. “The over $50 million invested in charitable funds at the Community Foundation in 2015 is a testament to the charitable spirit of Iowans and their ongoing commitment to improving quality of life in our state. Even more inspiring is the over $26 million in grants made from charitable funds at the Community Foundation in 2015. We are privileged to assist donors in making meaningful investments in the causes they care about.”
“Investments in the Community Foundation are investments in the continued success of our community,” says Fred Hubbell, board chair. “This makes the successes of the organization in 2015 all the more significant. Each gift and grant represents an investment in critical issues, initiatives and needs for generations to come.”
According to Knous, “While support of the Community Foundation in 2015 is deserving of celebration, it is the stories of impact each dollar gifted or granted represents that paints the full picture of our work. Thank you to the donors and communities we serve for allowing us to be a partner in your charitable giving story. Through collaboration quality of life is improving; we are truly better together.”