Community Foundation seeks an Administrative Assistant
Jun. 19, 2019
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
For nearly 50 years, the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines has improved quality of life for all by promoting charitable giving, connecting donors with causes they care about and providing leadership on important community issues. We’re simply better together.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Community Foundation Community Investment Department. In addition, this position supports the general operations of the Community Foundation through completing the daily deposit of incoming gifts, assisting with reception duties and other administrative activities.
Adaptability/Flexibility |Multitasking |Customer Focus | Attention to Detail/Accuracy | Initiative
GENERAL LIST OF RESPONSIBILITES
· Provides administrative support to the Community Investment team.
· Sets up and maintains nonprofit organization records in database.
· Distributes grant checks and maintains grant files per guidelines and procedures.
· Primary backup for reception duties and front desk coverage.
· Prepares daily deposits including research of questions on incoming gifts.
· Provides excellent customer service to donors, fund holders and community stakeholders.
· Monitors and assists in assuring an organized office environment.
· Performs individual and organizational record setup and updates in iPhi per Community Foundation guidelines and procedures.
· Maintains confidentiality of Community Foundation affairs in communications, both written and oral, and assure such through appropriate filing and disposal of materials.
Associate’s degree from a two-year college or business school preferred. Two to five years related administrative assistant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook necessary. Database management preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work both independently and in a team environment. Successful candidates will have an adaptable attitude, be a self-starter and able to interface well with a variety of people. Candidates should possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions; strong writing, proofreading and communication skills.
Position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements by July 8, 2019 to Barb Hobson .
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.