Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines sets year-end records
Jan. 31, 2011
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines donors set two giving records in 2010. A list of Community Foundation year-end and 2010 accomplishments are included below.
Top 5 Accomplishments in 2010
1. A record 154 new funds were opened at the Community Foundation in 2010. Funds are established by Iowans for the benefit of local communities. The Community Foundation now administers over 780 funds.
2. Through the Community Foundation's grantmaking programs and donor funds, a record $30 million was granted to charitable causes in 2010.
3. The Community Foundation received over $33 million in gifts in 2010, bringing total assets to more than $180 million at the end of the year.
4. The Community Foundation provided leadership and funding to convene the Better Together-Creating Community through Civility speaker series and Capital Crossroads: A Vision for Greater Des Moines & Central Iowa community visioning plan that will create a roadmap for the future success of our community. Community Foundation Leadership Grants funded conceptual designs for the Des Moines Regional Skatepark, marketing and sustainability strategies for the Des Moines Social Club, and expanding community facilities at Link Associates and Oakridge Neighborhood Services.
5. The Community Foundation's BoardLaunch Series focused on enhancing the management and leadership skills of local nonprofit boards. Three hundred nonprofit board and staff members attended these sessions to strengthen their organizations in 2010.