Community Foundation Celebrates a Record Breaking 2013
Feb. 12, 2014
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines Celebrates a Record Breaking 2013
With Over $55 Million in Contributions.
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is pleased to announce 2013 was a record breaking year. Achievements include:
- Over $55 million in charitable gifts were made by donors to Community Foundation funds in 2013.
- Net assets under administration by the Community Foundation grew to over $321 million as of December 31, 2013.
- 202 new charitable funds were established with the Community Foundation in 2013 for a total of 1,270 funds currently under administration.
- Collectively, donors directed over $21 million in grants from their individual funds held at the Community Foundation. This includes eight Leadership Grants awarded by the Community Foundation through the Better Together Fund to local nonprofit organizations totaling $435,000 in support.
- Giving through the Community Foundation was a smart charitable investment for donors. In 2013 portfolio returns were as high as 13.5% providing an exceptional return on charitable investments.
"The success of the Community Foundation in 2013 speaks to the generosity of our communities and the commitments of our donors to ensure community needs are being met both now, and in years to come," says Community Foundation president Kristi Knous. "The support our community provides to nonprofit organizations is inspiring." The success of the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is celebrated across the state as the organization provides services to 39 counties and communities statewide.
"The Community Foundation is an amazing community resource for promoting charitable giving, connecting donors with causes they care about and providing leadership on important community issues," say Community Foundation board chair Cara Heiden. "The accomplishments and the numbers posted in 2013 are only the beginning of the story. Each charitable dollar invested through the Community Foundation today will grow and create a legacy of giving in our communities."
According to Knous, "For all the success the Community Foundation has experienced in 2013 we owe the communities we serve a tremendous thank you. Through the support of our donors, and the work of our nonprofit organizations, quality of life is truly improving for all and we are proud to play a part."
About Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines improves quality of life for all by promoting charitable giving, connecting donors with causes they care about and providing leadership on important community issues.we're simply better together.