Administrative Assistant – Part-Time
Hours: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday - Friday
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
For nearly 50 years, the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines has improved quality of life for all by promoting charitable giving, connecting donors with causes they care about and providing leadership on important community issues. We’re simply better together.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Community Foundation Community Investment Department. In addition, this position supports the general operations of the Community Foundation through completing the daily deposit of incoming gifts, assisting with reception duties and other administrative activities.
Adaptability/Flexibility |Multitasking |Customer Focus | Attention to Detail/Accuracy | Initiative
· Provides excellent customer service to donors, fund holders and community stakeholders.
· Prepares daily deposits of incoming gifts.
· Schedules meetings, registers staff for events, coordinates catering and conference call arrangements as requested.
· Sets up and maintains records in Community Foundation database systems.
· Aids with the preparation for trainings and meetings including printing and assembling packets and nametags.
· Prepares and compiles packets and mailings, creates merged letters and labels and other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, collating and scanning.
· Maintains and tracks resource library and follow-up with outstanding items.
· Primary backup for reception duties and front desk coverage.
· Amicably receives and assists visitors or callers to the Community Foundation, determines nature of business and announces visitors to appropriate staff.
· Closes building on Fridays.
Associate’s degree from a two-year college or business school preferred. Two to five years related administrative assistant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook necessary. Database management preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work both independently and in a team environment. Successful candidates will have an adaptable attitude, be a self-starter and able to interface well with a variety of people. Candidates should possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions; strong writing, proofreading and communication skills.
Position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements by January 25, 2019 to Barb Hobson .
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.