Community Foundation seeks a Director of Digital Marketing
Jul. 1, 2019
DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MARKETING
Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines
For 50 years, the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines has improved quality of life for all by promoting charitable giving, connecting donors with causes they care about and providing leadership on important community issues. We’re simply better together.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for communicating the Community Foundation’s message and mission through video storytelling, across digital properties and social profiles and by creating multimedia content for use across platforms. The position also works across departments to coordinate outreach and communications for a variety of Community Foundation events and initiatives. The Director of Digital Marketing leans forward to learn new skills and subjects.
Collaboration | Hustle Factor | Communication Proficiency| Creative/Innovative Thinking | Future Focused
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicate the Community Foundation’s message and mission to further establish the Community Foundation as a leader in charitable giving. Strong technical writing and storytelling skills are essential.
• Plan and create compelling multimedia content including video, photo and graphic design assets to be shared across platforms.
• Manage existing and future digital properties and social profiles to maximize effectiveness and align content across platforms.
• Develop strategy, best practices and guidelines for digital and social media channels to increase brand awareness, generate customer engagement, and inspire audiences to join in responding to community trends and opportunities.
• Collaborates across the marketing team for website updates.
• Complete regular analytics of the Community Foundation’s digital properties and social profiles to create informed and customer-driven content.
• Develop and coordinate appropriate production of collateral for print and electronic use.
• Work alongside Chief Marketing Officer to develop inspirational stories to bring the work of the Community Foundation to life, heighten awareness and move key audiences from awareness to understanding.
Special Events and Sponsorships
• Work across departments to provide communication development and support for events.
• Work alongside the Chief Marketing Officer to coordinate and promote signature events including, but not limited to, the Community Foundation’s Celebration Luncheon and Principal Charity Classic.
Media & Public Relations
• Assists in seeking opportunities to grow the Community Foundation brand through media outreach.
• Assists in developing and maintaining relationships with media contacts.
• Assist in media relations and public relations efforts and serve as back-up media contact.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills; good project management skills; ability to manage a project budget; creative with a good eye for effective visual communications; ability to work well as part of a team; consistent ability to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or graphic design; minimum of three to five years relevant experience in marketing, communications or journalism. Excellent writing, video production, editing, social media planning and special event coordination knowledge is required. Experience in graphic design programs and web content management is preferred. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work both independently and in a team environment.
Commensurate with experience plus an attractive benefits package.
Position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by July 23, 2019 to Barb Hobson
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.