Legacy Funds are ideal for families and individuals who want to share how their planned gifts should be distributed after their lifetimes. Donors establish Legacy Funds to receive their planned gifts and personally communicate how their charitable contributions will forever benefit their favorite charities.
Establishing a Legacy Fund is
- Personal: Establish a Legacy Fund to make a long-term impact on the charities that are most important to you. Your named Legacy Fund is recognized as a permanent fund of the Community Foundation.
- Enduring: Make a continual impact on the charities of your choice after your lifetime, allowing them to continue their missions and contribute to the community.
- Flexible: You can easily modify your fund agreement to support different or additional charities. Your fund can accept planned gifts as well as gifts made during your lifetime.
- Efficient: The Community Foundation can receive gifts designated in a will or estate plan including life insurance policies, IRAs, 401(k) plans, real estate, charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
- Discuss Legacy Funds with your financial advisor and our development staff.
- We will customize an agreement for you. As your plans develop or change, you can amend your Legacy Fund agreement at any time. The fund is free of administrative fees until assets are received.
- Contact us at any time to further discuss your planned and current giving.