Nonprofits recognize the importance of sustainability and building endowments that support the future of their organizations.
The Community Foundation works with nonprofit organizations to establish endowment funds and invests endowment assets, providing responsible fund management. Distributions from the fund are granted back to the nonprofit organization to be used at the discretion of its governing board.
Advantages of establishing an endowment with the Community Foundation
- Builds assets to ensure a stable future
- Enables board members and volunteers to focus on your mission while the Community Foundation handles investment of the endowment
- Provides access to Endow Iowa Tax Credits for your donors, a 25% Iowa Tax Credit in additional to normal federal deductions
- Acceptance of alternative assets such as publicly traded stock, real estate, closely held business interests, limited partnership interests and life insurance
- Planned giving support for charitable remainder and lead trusts
- Administration of your charitable gift annuity program
- Provides access to an experienced team of local giving professionals committed to help you help your donors
The Community Foundation offers a variety of investment options. Each of our investment portfolios are carefully constructed and diversified across global investment opportunities to maximize return and minimize volatility.
Our size provides access to world-class investment managers and alternative investment strategies only available to large institutional investors. Investments are monitored by the Community Foundation's experienced investment committee, Mercer Investment Consulting, Inc. and staff.
You may also choose to work with your preferred investment manager and your donors can still gain access to all services the Community Foundation offers including maximum tax benefits, Endow Iowa Tax Credits, expert philanthropic guidance and flexible giving options.